How long can I keep my make-up?
POSTED BY ADMIN ON 27TH NOVEMBER 2009 IN LIFESTYLE
Did you ever wonder if it‚Äôs time to retire that eye shadow quad from a college, or if that under-eye concealer pen that leaks water with every click is still good? Since expiration dates are not mandatory on most cosmetics‚Äô packaging, it‚Äôs often hard to tell when you should overhaul your makeup collection. But let me give you this advise:
- Powders and shadows: Two years
- Cream shadows: 12-18 months
- Foundation: One year
- Lipstick/lipliner/lipgloss: One year
- Mascara/eyeliner: Three months
- Makeup brushes: Clean weekly using a mild detergent
- Makeup sponges: Replace weekly, or when sponge becomes completely covered
What are your tips and tricks about this? Leave it in the comments section.